By Cloves Carneiro Jr
Beginning Rails is the sensible start line for an individual eager to how one can construct dynamic internet functions utilizing the Rails framework for Ruby. You’ll find out how the entire parts of Rails healthy jointly and the way you could leverage them to create subtle internet purposes with much less code and extra joy.
This e-book is very compatible to these with very little adventure with net program improvement, or who've a few adventure yet are new to Rails. starting Rails assumes uncomplicated familiarity with net phrases and applied sciences, yet does not require you to be an expert.
- A mild creation to the Ruby programming language
- Installing Ruby and Rails on a Mac, Linux, or home windows procedure
- The philosophy in the back of Rails and why it issues
- The Model-View-Controller structure
- The fundamentals of relational databases and SQL
- Setting up a MySQL database and making a schema with migrations
- Experimenting along with your reside program within the Rails console
- Creating wealthy relationships among your types
- Using controllers and templates correctly
- Leveraging helpers to maintain your templates fresh and good judgment unfastened
- Adding Ajax and visible results to complement your person interfaces
- How to ship and obtain mail out of your software
- Using and growing your individual plug-ins
- Ensuring your code opposed to Murphy’s legislations via writing checks
- Using Capistrano to installation your program
Rather than delving into the arcane information of Rails, the focal point is at the elements of the framework that would turn into your choose, shovel, and awl. half heritage lesson, half creation to object-oriented programming, and half dissertation on open resource software program, Beginning Rails doesn’t simply clarify tips on how to do whatever in Rails, it explains why.
Every programmer fondly recalls the ebook that helped them start. The objective of Beginning Rails is to turn into that ebook for you, today.
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Rails Framework
- Getting began
- Getting anything working
- Working with a Database: lively checklist
- Advanced lively list: improving Your types
- Action Pack:Working with the View and the Controller
- Improving interplay with Ajax
- Sending and Receiving Mail
- Testing Your program
- Extending Rails with Plugins
- Deploying Your Rails purposes
Read or Download Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional PDF
Similar database storage & design books
SQL Server 2005 increases your programming techniques, productiveness, research, and database administration. in case you have a few simple wisdom of relational databases and wish to begin a occupation as a developer utilizing SQL Server, then this e-book is your excellent first step. It explains the middle jobs and roles for constructing a database in either SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
In 9 complete chapters this quantity publications its viewers in the course of the basic components of LBSs and gives exact insurance of the medical demanding situations dealing with their improvement. It additionally offers with underlying provider systems and interfaces, as a way to be useful for builders who confronted with having to gain LBSs.
Der SAP-Einsatz ist niemals eine reine IT-Aufgabe, sondern immer eine unternehmensweite Herausforderung, die alle Organisationseinheiten betrifft. Es gibt drei kritische Erfolgsfaktoren: Menschen, Prozesse und Stammdaten. Die Mitarbeiter stehen vor der Herausforderung, das notwendige knowledge aufzubauen, damit sie das process effektiv nutzen können.
Study SQL Server management in a Month of Lunches is the proper strategy to start with SQL Server operations, together with upkeep, backup and restoration, excessive availability, and function tracking. In approximately an hour an afternoon over a month, youll research precisely what you are able to do, and what you shouldnt contact.
- Java Structures Data Structures in Java for the Principled Programmer
- Building the Agile Enterprise: With SOA, BPM and MBM (The MK/OMG Press)
- ASP.NET Dynamic Data Unleashed
- Date on Database. Writings 2000-2006
Extra info for Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional
Note that we’ll be using the command line extensively in our travels with Rails. Also, a quick note for OS X/Linux/UNIX users: your instructions are nearly interchangeable. If you’re using a Mac and would prefer to use a package manager such as Fink or MacPorts (see the sidebar on the next page), the Linux instructions will prove useful. The same is true for Linux/UNIX users who wish to compile everything themselves: the OS X instructions should prove a drop-in replacement. qxd 6/30/07 8:51 AM Page 19 CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED Go ahead and flip to the section that describes your platform (OS X, Linux, or Windows), and we’ll begin!
Org for a wealth of Ruby-related resources. Rails Encourages Agility Web applications are not traditionally known for agility. They have a reputation of being difficult to work with and a nightmare to maintain. It is perhaps in response to this diagnosis that Rails came on to the scene, helping to usher in a movement toward agile programming methodologies in web development. Rails advocates and assists in the achievement of the following basic principles when developing software: • Individuals and interactions over processes and tools • Working software over comprehensive documentation • Customer collaboration over contract negotiation • Responding to change over following a plan So reads the Agile Manifesto1, the result of a discussion between 17 prominent figures (including Dave Thomas, Andy Hunt, and Martin Fowler) in the field of what was then called “lightweight methodologies” for software development.
After spitting out some text to the screen and generally chugging away for a few minutes, the gem program should exit with something like the following before dumping you back at the command prompt. 3 That’s all there is to it! The one-click installer took care of most of the work by installing and configuring Ruby, and since Rails is distributed as a RubyGem, installing it was a simple one-liner! You can double-check that Rails was installed successfully by issuing the rails --version command at the command prompt.
Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional by Cloves Carneiro Jr