By Nessar Ahmed; et al
Biology of Disease describes the biology of a few of the human problems and sickness which are encountered in a medical environment. it truly is designed for first and moment 12 months scholars in biomedical technological know-how courses and also will be a powerful reference for overall healthiness technology execs in addition to being invaluable to scholars starting scientific institution. actual situations are used to demonstrate the significance of biology in realizing the motives of ailments, in addition to in analysis and remedy.
Read Online or Download Biology of disease PDF
Similar anatomy & physiology books
This atlas instills a great wisdom of anatomy by way of correlating thin-section mind anatomy with corresponding medical magnetic resonance photographs in axial, coronal, and sagittal planes. The authors correlate complex neuromelanin imaging, susceptibility-weighted imaging, and diffusion tensor tractography with medical three and four T MRI.
A whole illustrated advisor to the canines anatomy, featuring150 distinct drawings.
Raptor biology has advanced drastically because the ebook of the unique version of this e-book lower than the name Veterinary points of Captive Birds of Prey. With assistance from major overseas specialists, John E. Cooper has up-to-date and accelerated this vintage connection with contain all of the most up-to-date information at the health and wellbeing and ailments of raptors.
Agony is a mind set that's tricky to degree and examine in people and significantly extra so in animals. it truly is relating to the surroundings during which we are living and our actual and psychological states. knowing the body structure of agony in animals is important in assessing animal welfare.
- Human Anatomy
- Chapel of Extreme Experience: A Short History of Stroboscopic Light and the Dream Machine
- Chemical Communication among Bacteria
- Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple
- Genetic Diseases of the Kidney
- Reconstitution of Intracellular Transport
Additional resources for Biology of disease
3) is to make scientific investigations of disease. The typical pathology service offered by hospitals has six main branches: medical microbiology, immunology, clinical biochemistry, hematology, histopathology and clinical genetics. Medical microbiology is concerned primarily with the detection and identification of pathogenic microorganisms. For clinical purposes, these consist of viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi and helminths (worms). Microorganisms are detected directly in specimens obtained from the patient or on swabs (for example throat, nasal) that are cultured in growth medium to increase the number of microorganisms and allow their easier detection.
9 Excessive immunoglobulin (Chapters 4 and 5) is produced in multiple myeloma, a tumor of the B lymphocytes; the white blood cells that produce immunoglobulins. The proteins in samples of serum can be separated by electrophoresis and stained with dye. Lane 1 shows the separated proteins from normal serum. The most abundant protein is serum albumin which shows as the strongly staining band near the positive end. Lane 2 shows a myeloma serum sample with a second dense band at the negative end. This band shows the enormous amount of a single type of immunoglobulin, produced by the tumor.
Smoking is a significant risk factor in the development of heart disease and lung cancer (Chapters 14 and 17). Some risk factors may be important in the development of the disease whereas others may make the individual more susceptible to disease. Predisposing factors are conditions or situations that make an individual more susceptible to disease. They include age, sex, heredity and environmental factors. For example, the immune system in a newborn is not fully developed and, as a consequence, babies are more susceptible to infections.
Biology of disease by Nessar Ahmed; et al